Friday, April 25, 2014

4/23/14's Thought Process

"Hey, I need to tell you something."
"I've been a shitty friend to you."
"I'm sure you've noticed it already though."
"But...even so, even if I hold merit to you or not,"
"I wanted to let you know that I got your back."
[Pessimistic outcome]
"Now I know."
"...That's depressingly reassuring."
"However."
"It's my choice to be there for you, not because of how you feel."
[Questioning outcome]
"Many times, I would replay the same discussion in my head."
"Why are you even friends with him?"
"Can't you see he's busy? So don't bother him."
"What's so special about him that makes you put so much effort?"
"Don't you have any doubt being his friend?"
"I do have those doubts."
"But I can cast aside all these pessimistic thoughts, these doubts."
"Because I am your friend."
"And I want to continue being your friend."


No comments:

Post a Comment