Thursday, April 24, 2014

What I wanted to say to you

"I need to tell you something."
Is what I thought
But then I get anxious
And couldn't find that opportunity
Because it's just me
Thinking that there's something still there
A faint hope
or a visible confusion
Even though time is almost up
An ending like that? 
No.
Even if the bridge is burned
We move on
But
I still wanted to let you know
How I felt
It's stupid because I'm worrying so much
Over thinking so much
Just like you said
Right?
"I've been a shitty friend to you."
But that wasn't the entire story
Because I thought you also
Gave up as well
There's no apologies
Because you're not at fault
At least we can agree on that
Even if you don't show it
I didn't show it either
The connection we had
 Is a concept that I
I
Wanted to understand.
"Even if I hold merit to you or not."
Because that's how it works
It makes sense to me
Did I lose that merit you saw in me
Back then?
I'm sorry.
But even so
"I got you back."
I can't let go of that fact
It's something that I
Can't let go
Letting go would deny
That history we've had together
Up until that point
So please don't think otherwise
At least for a moment
That you do know the end
Is approaching
But the merit you saw in me
Was cherished briefly
Right now
"I wanted to let you know that."




No comments:

Post a Comment